'I want to return home - to Ukraine': Russian woman turned to Zelensky for citizenship
A Russian citizen who is on the run, asks for Ukrainian citizenship.
Russians continue to seek asylum in Ukraine. This time, a certain citizen of Russia, Elena Ivanova, sent a letter to the newly elected President Vladimir Zelensky with a request to grant her Ukrainian citizenship. This is stated in the appeal, published on the girl’s personal website.
According to her, she 12 years ago fled from Russia to Ukraine, but then was forced to go even further, and now hopes to return to Kiev.
“I am Elena. Twelve years ago I fled from Russia to Kiev, where I met my fate. But she was forced to flee from Russia and further - for half the planet in order to be with a loved one. I am a Russian woman and I want to return home - to Ukraine, to Kiev, the city where I first felt free. This is my statement to the words of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky. I want him to show in practice that he will really grant me, a citizen of Russia, who fled from the “authoritarian and corrupt regime” Ukrainian citizenship, ”Elena wrote.
The Russian woman hopes that Ukrainian citizenship would allow her to acquire land, give her security, country and culture.
Russian statement followed after Zelensky harshly answered Putin on the idea of issuing Ukrainians Russian passports.
“Ukraine will not give up its mission to serve as an example of democracy for post-Soviet countries. And part of this mission will be to provide protection, asylum and Ukrainian citizenship to all who are ready to fight for freedom. We will provide shelter and assistance to everyone - everyone who is ready to fight side by side with us for our freedom and yours ”, - assured Zelensky.
Earlier, police from Russia asked for political asylum in Ukraine. Russian law enforcement officers have uncovered a criminal group with ties to government bodies, but in their homeland they did not forgive them for this.
ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Recall, Russian President Vladimir Putin 24 April signed a decree simplifying the procedure for obtaining Russian citizenship for residents of the occupied territories of Donetsk and Lugansk.
- According to the decree, they will be able to receive within three months after submitting the application.
- Ukraine appealed to the UN Security Council in connection with the decision of the President of Russia, and also informed the Council of Europe. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine called on Ukraine’s international partners to strengthen sanctions against the Russian Federation.
- President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko described the actions of the Kremlin as a preparation for the annexation of Donbass and also called on the international community to strengthen sanctions against the Russian Federation.
- The winner of the presidential election, Vladimir Zelensky, did not publicly respond to the Kremlin’s demarche. A statement appeared on the Zelensky Team’s Facebook page, which states that by distributing passports Putin actually recognized Russia as an occupant state.
- In the US, Putin’s actions were described as destabilizing and absurd, and also recalled support for the territorial integrity of Ukraine.
- 21 April, the second round of presidential elections in Ukraine.
- According to CEC estimates, for Zelensky cast votes more than 73% of Ukrainians, for Petro Poroshenko - almost 24,5%.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22887 [name] => Ukrainian citizenship [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukrainskoe-grazhdanstvo)Ukrainian citizenship
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27271 [name] => Zelensky [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zelenskij)Zelensky
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.