USCIS once again extended the closure of its centers due to coronavirus
On March 18, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) temporarily suspended the provision of services requiring a personal presence and closed its offices. On Friday, April 24, USCIS once again extended the closure. Preliminary offices should open on June 4, unless closing is again extended. This is stated in the press release of USCIS.
While offices are closed, USCIS employees continue to provide critical services that do not require personal contact with the public.
So USCIS does not stop providing limited emergency assistance services in person. Please call contact center USCIS for emergency assistance.
USCIS field offices will send notifications to applicants and petitioners about scheduled meetings and naturalization ceremonies. Asylum offices will send notice of cancellation of the interview and automatically reschedule it the next day. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum seekers will receive an interview notification stating the new time, date, and location of the interview.
When USCIS resumes normal work, everyone will receive a meeting letter in the mail. Persons who had InfoPass or other appointments should reschedule their appointments through USCIS Contact Centeras soon as field offices are reopened. A list of closed offices and information on their opening can be found link. Before contacting the contact center about rescheduling the meeting, check the status of the office closest to you.
USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidelines. For the latest updates, go to link.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- March 18, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) suspend the provision of services in their branchesin asylum offices and immigrant support centers to stop the spread of coronavirus
- March 25 USCIS extended closing dates
- USCIS third time extended the closing date offices due to coronavirus
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that will continue to process applications for renewal of a work permit despite the closure of the support center
- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services announced in a press release that during the pandemic, COVID-19 takes measures to assist applicants and petitionersthat respond to Requests for Evidence (RFE) or Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) requests dated March 1 to May 1, 2020
- How to proceed if you need an immigration service during the closing of USCIS offices, read our material.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1507 [name] => closing [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zakrytie)closing
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 18106 [name] => USCIS [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => uscis)USCIS
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.