The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

USCIS has a tool that makes life a lot easier for immigrants: how to use it

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has a tool to help make life much easier for immigrants.

Photo: Shutterstock

Explore My Options tool allows you to determine which applications a person with a certain immigration status has the right to submit, and also helps to navigate the cost of the service and understand how to arrange everything correctly.

"This page shows the options that you may be eligible for, but we cannot guarantee that we will approve your application or petition," the agency's website says.

How to use the tool

Explore My Options is pretty easy to use. On the website, you will see two boxes with a drop-down list.

In the first, you must indicate your immigration status. Available for selection: "foreigner", "green card holder", "US citizen" and "employer".

In the second window you have to choose which immigration service or status you are interested in. The options available vary depending on your status.

On the subject: USCIS Updated Citizenship Test: More Questions

When you have selected all the options, you just need to click the Explore My Options button, and the site will show all possible options for doing what you want. In addition, the site provides links to the relevant petitions and calculates the cost of the process.

For example, if you select the status "green card holder", and in the second line - "extend or replace the green card", then the site gives 1 possible option: you need to apply for the extension or replacement of the green card (according to the site, it will cost $ 455). Here you will also see a description of the service and what you need to do. In our case, it is: “Having a green card (permanent resident card) allows you to permanently live and work in the United States. The steps you must take to apply for a green card will depend on your individual situation. "

You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - чread it all on ForumDaily New York

And if you choose "US citizen" and "help a relative to obtain permanent resident status", then the site gives two possible options.

1. Petition of a US citizen to become a lawful permanent resident for a preferred relative (US Citizen Petition for a Preference Relative to Become a Lawful Permanent Resident)

  • Form submission fee: $ 535

2. A petition by a US citizen for the next of kin to become a lawful permanent resident (US Citizen Petition for an Immediate Relative to Become a Lawful Permanent Resident)

  • Form submission fee: varies

Who is considered a close relative, and who is preferable, will help to understand this material.

If you are a US citizen, you can apply for a permanent residence permit (green card) for certain family members. Obtaining lawful permanent resident status is a two-step process that includes a petition you file for your relative (Form I-130, Petition for a Foreign Relative) and your relative's application for a status adjustment (Form I-485, Application for Registration of Permanent Residence residence or change of status).

Explore My Options can be used by link.

Important! US immigration laws are complex, and the information on the agency's website may not fully reflect your situation. Read the form instructions for more information on legal, regulatory, and form requirements.

The information on the site is not legal advice. You should consult with a licensed attorney or a non-profit agency accredited by the Immigration Appeals Board.

Read also on ForumDaily:

US citizenship: how long do immigrants wait for naturalization

USCIS has extended the deadline for responding to immigration requests

How to transport parents to the USA: instructions for immigrants

How to obtain a residence permit in the United States through an investor visa

Becoming a US citizen is more profitable than renewing a green card: how much does it cost

USCIS Immigration in the USA tool
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 

1178 requests in 3,196 seconds.