Russia wants to ban American diplomats from freely moving around the country
The order of the Russian government to denounce the memorandum on open land is already on its way, but the exact dates are still unknown, said Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov. Writes about it “Kommersant”.
He cited it as an example of "uncomfortable signals" on the eve of the meeting between the presidents of the Russian Federation and the United States, Vladimir Putin and Joe Biden, who he mentioned yesterday.
In accordance with the aforementioned document, a certain category of diplomats (starting with an adviser and below) must notify the authorities of the host country when one of these employees is going to travel a 25-mile (40 km) radius around the city where the diplomatic mission is located.
“On the way is a government order on Russia's denunciation of the memorandum on open land, for example. In terms of timing, I cannot say when this will happen. There are some other points that we are bringing to the attention of the Americans behind closed doors, "Mr. Ryabkov told reporters (quoted by Interfax).
On the subject: USA closed the last consulate in Russia
He added that "diplomacy exists to do some things behind curtains, not on stage."
The Russian Foreign Ministry announced in April that the 1992 bilateral memorandum "On Understanding Concerning the" Open Land "is terminated. The department explained this by "systematic violations by the staff of US diplomatic missions of the rules for travel through the territory of the Russian Federation."
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- April 23 Vladimir Putin signed a decree, according to which the embassies of states "committing unfriendly actions" against Russia will be limited in the right to hire Russian citizens.
- The decree was issued against the backdrop of deteriorating relations between the Russian Federation and the United States, a number of European countries, as well as the diplomatic conflict with the Czech Republic, whose authorities suspected Russia of involvement in the explosions of ammunition depots in 2014, and announced the expulsion of Russian diplomats. In response, Moscow also expelled employees of the Czech embassy.
- In April, the President of the United States Joe Biden imposed new sanctions against Russia and stated that it is a response to cyberattacks and attempts to interfere in the 2020 presidential election.
- Thereafter Washington and Moscow exchanged expelled diplomats.
- Among other things, the Russian Foreign Ministry recommended that US Ambassador John Sullivan leave for Washington "for consultations." Sullivan initially refused to leave Russia, but on April 22 it became known that he flew to the USA... There he is still.
- Earlier RF closed the US Consulate in Vladivostok, and the diplomatic mission in Yekaterinburg stopped serving US citizens and stopped issuing visas. Later it also closed.
- Already on April 30, it became known that USA stopped issuing visas in Moscow, after which the Russians have nowhere else to get them.
- ForumDaily also wrote about how Russians get an American visa in another country.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10171 [name] => USA and Russia [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => usa-russia)USA and Russia
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12523 [name] => Russia and the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rossiya-i-ssha)Russia and the US
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.