Record heat and dangerous wind: the west of the United States will face a sharp deterioration in weather
Abnormal heat and strong winds are expected in the western part of the United States, the danger of fires in the region will sharply increase, writes ABC News.
The wind dries and heats the air along the California coast. On October 13, San Diego Brown Field Airport recorded a record high temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37,7 Celsius).
Phoenix is expected to be 14 degrees (100 C) during the day on October 37,7, making it the 144th day with temperatures this or higher never seen in the city's history.
In Las Vegas - 176th consecutive day without a drop of rain, which also never happened. October 14 will be the 177th such day.
Meanwhile, fire hazardous conditions are observed not only in California, but also to the east, in the Plains region.
Gusty winds and dry conditions are the biggest threat to the spread of fires, with maximum fire hazard warnings issued from California to Indiana.
Wildfire-hit Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area are also in the warning zone. In this region, winds can reach speeds of 20 to 40 miles per hour (32 to 64 km / h) over the next few days.
In addition to wind, temperatures in some areas are forecast to hit record highs across the state.
But as the west coast heats up and dries up, the east cools. A new cold explosion is expected by the end of the week in the Midwest and East Coast. By the weekend, some of the cold air will move inland.
How to protect yourself from the heat
The air temperature in a number of regions exceeds the long-term average values for this period of the year. Such weather is dangerous for the health of people, especially the elderly and children. This can lead to an exacerbation of chronic diseases, and in some cases to overheating of the body and a sharp deterioration in health, writes 360tv.ru.
10 preventive measures to avoid the negative effects of hot weather:
- If possible, limit your time outside from 12:16 to XNUMX:XNUMX, and reduce physical activity to a minimum.
- Ventilate the areas in which you are, turn on fans or air conditioners.
- Wear light clothing made from natural fabrics and light colors, be sure to wear hats, and use sunglasses.
- Eat less high-calorie foods, choose fish and seafood instead of meat. This must be done because in hot weather the body's need for energy decreases. It is advisable to exclude meals during the hottest part of the day, transferring them to morning and evening.
- Drink plenty of liquids - tea, water, fruit drink. The optimal volume is up to two liters per day. Reduce your intake of sodas and sugary liquids. At the same time, it must be remembered that it is not worth increasing the amount of water consumption for people with diseases of the kidneys and cardiovascular system.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits to support your immune system.
- Take a cool shower throughout the day.
- Limit public transport travel if possible, or reschedule off peak hours.
- Do not go to places where there are large numbers of people and there is no good ventilation.
- You can swim only in special places that are properly equipped.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5602 [name] => heat [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zhara)heat
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 8913 [name] => weather in the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pogoda-v-ssha)weather in the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 21087 [name] => bad weather in the usa [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nepogoda-v-ssha)bad weather in the usa
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.