Fracture of the bones of the face and severe PTSD: mother and daughter who escaped from the shelling in Kharkov need help
The result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine is enormous destruction and suffering. Many civilians have become innocent victims of Russian aggression. Wounded, they run away from the explosions.
Kharkiv resident Anfisa managed to escape from the bombing with her family. On the portal GoFundMe told her story.
On the night of March 8, a rocket hit her house, injuring her and her 13-year-old daughter. Fortunately, the husband and son were in another room and were not injured. They helped the girls get out from under the rubble. The fire that broke out immediately destroyed their house and all their property.
Without things, wounded, they fled to Europe from the war zone. Now Anfisa will have to undergo surgery, as her facial bones are broken. Her 13-year-old daughter, in addition to severe emotional trauma, has a wounded face.
“I have known Anfisa for two years. She is my daughter's flute teacher. A true professional, dedicated music teacher whose passion inspired my daughter. When we started on February 24, Anfisa asked me to send her salary to charitable foundations that support the Ukrainian military, and not to her. Anfisa managed to conduct her online classes from the shelter between the bombing and shelling,” says Igor Teleshevsky, who organized the fundraiser for Anfisa and her daughter.
He decided to raise money to help Anfisa with medical expenses and purchase the essentials that she and her children need in their new location.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
And although there are many. traditional charitable organizations, many Americans have decided to help Ukrainians they know personally.
“While traditional charities do an amazing job of raising money and helping people, I want to focus on specific families that I know personally, and I want these people to choose how to use the funds we raise,” the author writes. raising money on GoFundMe for an affected family from Kharkiv.
You can help the family link.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On the night of February 24 began full-scale war of Russia against Ukraine.
- In the light of these events in Russia and around the world, protests against the invasion of Ukraine
- US and UK imposed broad economic sanctions against Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine.
- February 25 President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to sit down at the negotiating table. Putin's press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that Putin is ready to send a delegation to Minsk (Belarus) for negotiations with Kiev. He specified that the delegation will include representatives of the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the presidential administration.
- In the USA there were large-scale rallies in support of Ukraine.
- Pope Francis visits the Russian Embassy February 25, to personally "express his concerns about the war" in Ukraine, which made an unprecedented deviation from diplomatic protocol.
- European Union, USA and UK imposed sanctions and froze the assets of Putin and Lavrov.
- The United States declared its readiness to start accept refugees from Ukraine.
- February 26, the world famous and one of the most popular groups of hackers Anonymous recorded a video message to Russian President Vladimir Putin. They promised to find all "skeletons in the closet" and "leave no stone unturned".
- As it became known, the Oscar-winning Hollywood actor Sean Penn is located in Ukraine and is making a documentary for Vice about events in the country.
- February 28 The world's largest aircraft An-225 was destroyed during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which caused alarm and sadness among the aviation world, in which he has almost a cult status.
- On the same day, the United States and France called on their citizens immediately consider leaving Russia.
- From the very beginning of the invasion, many actions took place around the world in support of Ukraine. How it was in the USA, see our material.
- On March 1, the United States asked 12 Russian diplomats from the United Nations leave the US accusing them of "espionage activities" as Russia continues its advance into Ukraine.
- March 2 Russian businessman Alex Konany
- hin offered a $1 million reward for dead or alive Putin.
- Airbus and Boeing refused to work with Russia, which endangers almost all civil aviation.
- March 3 CEO and founder of the Russian TV channel "Rain" announced the suspension of the channel. This is due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Which of the Hollywood stars supported Ukraine, and who was on the side of Russia, read here.
- What Russians living in Ukraine say about the war, you can find out in our material.
- Which companies left Russia and how it hit the economy, read on link.
- Where citizens of Ukraine can receive special services in Poland - by link.
- The US State Department has warned citizens of Ukraine that the US Mission in Ukraine does not currently offer visa services. That's it services provided in Germany.
- Meanwhile, the killers tried to kill the President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky at least three times since Russia invaded his country on February 24.
- In Russia, the situation with free media is becoming more and more difficult. Even relatives of Ukrainians from Russia do not believe in shelling of Ukraine.
- Russian diplomats announced persona non grata, left the US, and the Russian airlines stop international flights.
- Meanwhile at the International Court of Justice in The Hague began consideration of the claim of Ukraine to Russia. The subject of the lawsuit is allegations of genocide. The International Court of Justice in The Hague ruled that Russia must stop hostilities in Ukraine as interim measures pending consideration of Kyiv's complaint about Moscow's misinterpretation of the Genocide Convention as a pretext for aggression.
- Russia began active preparations for shutdown from the global internet.
- Thousands of Ukrainians are leaving the country. 11-year-old boy from Zaporozhye made it to the border with Slovakia and crossed it on foot.
- USA support Ukraine: both government officials and ordinary Americans. 20 workers in West Coast ports refuse tohandle Russian cargo. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky was awarded a medal Liberty Ronald Reagan.
- Tesla will continue to pay salaries to employees who decide to go to fight in Ukraine.
- In the meantime, the sanctions are taking effect: Russia is rapidly rising in price or disappearing from the sale of drugs and medical equipment manufactured by countries that have imposed sanctions on the Russian Federation because of the war in Ukraine. Down on the country iron curtain. The world is on the hunt on the assets of Russian oligarchs.
- Russia cannot establish a dialogue with the world - she threatens to leave from the Council of Europe and the OSCE.
- To further assist Ukraine in its fight against the aggressor, Congress approved an emergency military and humanitarian package. assistance in the amount of $13,6 billion. Biden, among other things, wants take away trade privileges from Russia in relations with America.
- The United States has banned deliveries to Russia dollar bills and restricted access to cryptocurrencies, and world educational organizations will no longer recognize diplomas issued by Russian universities.
- Intelligence sources claim that Vladimir Putin suffering from a brain disorder caused by dementia, Parkinson's disease or "steroid rage". He named Russians living in a large area in Miami and the French Riviera, traitors to their homeland.
- U.S. President Joe Biden says he considers Russian leader Vladimir Putin a "war criminal" for his attacks on Ukraine. This was the first time Biden publicly branded Putin with this phrase. He then called him a "bloody dictator" and a "pure thug".
- In the meantime, the war continues, the world is making predictions about the future developments. For example, the American philosopher, political scientist, political economist and writer Yoshihiro Francis Fukuyama spoke about what awaits Russia in the war against Ukraine. Mikhail Khodorkovsky spoke about the war, the chances for peace and the Stockholm syndrome of Russians.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1085 [name] => help [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pomoshh)help
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13337 [name] => Our people [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nashi-ludi)Our people
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.