The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Holders of a business or tourist visa can stay in the US even after its expiration: how to do it

People who came to the US on a business or tourist visa - B-1, B-2 - can apply for a new job and even go to interviews. But you need to make sure that applicants change their visa status before starting work in a new position. The edition told in more detail NDTV.

Photo: IStock

In a series of tweets, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) said that when laid off, such employees may not be aware of their capabilities and in some cases mistakenly believe that they have no choice but to leave the country within 60 days.

The maximum 60-day grace period begins the day after the end of employment, which is usually determined based on the last day for which wages are paid.

On the subject: What to do if you are in the US on a work visa and suddenly lose your job

When employment ceases, either voluntarily or involuntarily, a person can usually take one of several actions to remain for the period of authorized stay in the United States.

These include: apply for a status change; apply for a document authorizing employment due to "force majeure"; become the beneficiary of a petition to change employer.

"If one of these actions occurs during the 60-day grace period, the non-immigrant's authorized stay in the United States may exceed 60 days, even if he lost his previous status," USCIS said.

If the worker fails to take action within the grace period, then the worker and his dependents will have to leave the US within 60 days or when the permit expires (whichever is shorter).

“Many people ask if they can look for a new job while in B-1 or B-2 status. Answer: yes. Finding a job and interviewing for a position are acceptable activities in B-1 or B-2 status,” the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said in a series of tweets.

You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York

At the same time, USCIS said that before starting any new job, it is necessary to approve the petition and request to change the status from B-1 or B-2 to the status required for the new job, and the new status should take effect.

“If a request to change status is denied, or a petition for a new job requires a consular notice or port of entry notice, the person must leave the United States and re-enter before starting a new job,” USCIS explained.

Read also on ForumDaily:

Bread for $25: the most expensive grocery stores in the US

Scientists believe that a person will achieve immortality in 2030

Tattoos have a very strange effect on our immunity and body

'I'm 82, Triathlete and Living a Full Life': Secrets to Healthy and Active Aging

How to get rich and succeed, regardless of starting positions: 12 tips from the author of the cult book

Artificial intelligence develops treatment for liver cancer in 30 days

Miscellanea In the U.S. USA visa Work Visa
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? - support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 

1170 requests in 1,934 seconds.