The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Which of the relatives can be transported to the US by a green card holder

Holders of US green cards residing in the country can petition certain family members in order to move them to permanent residence, according to USCIS website.

Photo: Shutterstock

This rule applies to three categories:

  • wife or husband;
  • unmarried and unmarried children up to 21;
  • unmarried son or unmarried daughter of any age.

In order to get a green card for a family member, you must:

  • fill out the I-130 form - a petition addressed to a relative who is a citizen of another country;
  • provide proof of the status you live in the United States;
  • provide documents confirming your relationship - such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, court decision on divorce, and so on;
  • provide information about the name change by you or the person you are petitioning.

If you or a member of your family are serving in the US military, you may be affected. special rules on registration of petitions.

In addition, there are certain categories of immigration preferences:

  • 1: Unmarried adult son or unmarried adult daughter (21 a year and older) of US citizens;
  • 2A: Wives or husbands of green card holders, as well as their unmarried / unmarried children up to the year 21;
  • 2B: Single / unmarried adult children (21 year and older) holders of green cards;
  • 3: Married sons and married daughters of US citizens of any age;
  • 4: Brothers and sisters of US adults (21 a year and older).

In this case, the person for whom the petition is drawn up receives a visa to the United States in accordance with the so-called priority date - the date of filing the I-130 application form. Read more - read here.

If your relative is already in the US legally, he or she can apply for resident status after the visa number is obtained. To do this, you must fill out a form I-485.

If your relative is outside the United States, your petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). In turn, the NVC will forward your petition to the appropriate consulate when the visa is ready, and your relative will receive instructions on what he needs to do in the future. You can read more about this. here.

After you have filled out a petition for a member of your family, you can track the status of the promotion of the application here. Terms of consideration usually depend on the category of immigration preferences that you have chosen.

It should be borne in mind that the petition of the I-130 form is used only to confirm communication with a person who is a relative of a US citizen or holder of a green card. A confirmed petition does not give any guarantees, except for the provision of space for the consideration of a visa application from a person who is a citizen of a foreign state.

Read also on ForumDaily:

10 things that change in emigration without being noticed

Kremlin activist who kissed Putin received a US green card

The history of Muscovite, who moved to the state of Michigan and lived in the US for half his life

Four types of immigrants

Five myths about emigration

Which of the relatives can be transported to the US by a green card holder

How can a green card holder move a family to America

petition statement immigration relatives green card Educational program moving to the USA
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? - support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 

1184 requests in 2,159 seconds.