How US citizens enter Ukraine, Russia or Belarus in 2021
The world is gradually recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. But many countries still keep their borders closed to non-citizens, or set a series of rules for entry. This situation made it difficult for immigrants from post-Soviet countries with American citizenship to visit relatives and friends at home. ForumDaily decided to figure out how a person with US citizenship can visit Ukraine, Russia and Belarus.
According to the portal Visit Ukraine, without exception, all foreign citizens and holders of a residence permit, regardless of the country of arrival to enter Ukraine, must have an insurance policy issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, covering the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine.
All foreign citizens and citizens of Ukraine, as well as stateless persons, need to have one of the following documents:
- a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations;
- rapid test for the determination of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus antigen (RAT), done no more than 72 hours before entry;
- negative test result for COVID-19 by polymerase chain reaction (PCR), conducted no more than 72 hours before entry.
Testing certificates and vaccinations are not required for children under 12 years of age.
There are no special requirements for US citizens. They can stay in the country without a visa for 90 days out of a 180-day period.
In this case, things are a little more complicated. Entry to the territory of the Russian Federation for US citizens is prohibited. But there are a few exceptions when you can still come here, as stated on the website of the Embassy about the US Consulate in Russia. Federation.
According to Federal Agency for Tourism, you can enter Russia if the American has citizenship or a residence permit of one of the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- Республика Корея
- Sri Lanka
Thus, foreign citizens who are nationals of these countries or who have a residence permit in these countries have the right to enter the territory of the Russian Federation. And, of course, foreigners who have a residence permit in Russia.
It is necessary to enter the Russian Federation from the country of which the foreigner is a citizen or in which he has a residence permit.
The rest of foreign citizens must have humanitarian grounds to enter the Russian Federation, writes Migrant Media.
At the moment, the following can enter the territory of the Russian Federation:
- foreigners for treatment (if there is an invitation from a medical organization indicating the period of treatment);
- foreign highly qualified specialists;
- foreign citizens for caring for sick close relatives (parents, children, spouses);
- citizens of visa-free countries in connection with the death of a close relative;
Important! Relationship and circumstances of entry (illness, death) must be documented.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
US citizens with tourist visas who have relatives in Russia (spouses, children, parents, etc.) who do not require special care are generally not allowed to enter under current COVID-19 regulations.
What documents do a US citizen need to enter Russia:
- Certificate with a negative test result for COVID-19 by PCR method, selected no earlier than 3 calendar days (72 hours) prior to arrival in Russia.
- Application form arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation. To be completed before arrival in Russia. You can find it by link.
- Passport, which expires no earlier than 6 months from the date of entry.
- Visa. You need to issue it at the nearest visa application center in the United States.
- Visa application form.
- Insurance policy. The health insurance policy must be valid throughout Russia and cover a possible case of COVID-19 infection.
- Confirmation of the reservation of the hotel or any other place of residence (you will need to provide for a visa).
- Return tickets.
Air traffic with this country is closed, and all other checkpoints are closed, so it is very difficult to get into the country. Foreigners have the right to enter Belarus only through the Minsk National Airport. And this means that first you will need to get to Russia, or to another country from where air traffic with Belarus is carried out.
According to the latest data, Americans can stay in Belarus without a visa for no more than 30 days from the date of entry.
“Foreigners who have reached the age of six (with the exception of those who have a permit for permanent or temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Belarus), arriving in the Republic of Belarus, must have an original or a copy of a medical document on paper or in electronic form confirming a negative laboratory test for COVID infection. 19, - the website says Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus. - The test is performed no later than three days before the date of crossing the border of the Republic of Belarus (including the date of crossing it) by PCR. The medical document must indicate the last name, first name, patronymic (if any) of the citizen, the date of the conduct and the result of laboratory tests for COVID-19 infection (in Belarusian or Russian, or English). "
The presence of a negative PCR test in foreigners arriving from countries where cases of coronavirus infection are recorded does not exempt them from the need to comply with 10-day self-isolation.
You also need medical insurance, a valid US passport and return tickets.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6587 [name] => US citizens [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => amerikanskie-grazhdane)american citizens
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10364 [name] => Russian-speaking immigrants [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => russkoyazychnye-immigranty)Russian speaking immigrants
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 14677 [name] => Homeland [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rodina)Homeland
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.