5 scenic US national parks offering virtual tours
The park ranger will give you a virtual tour of the ancient glacier in Alaska or the limestone cave in New Mexico, writes Share America.
US National Park Service in partnership with Google offers 360-degree overview of the country's five national parksso that everyone can appreciate the wild beauty of the American landscape.
1. Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska (pictured above) covers more than 271 thousand hectares and has 38 glaciers, each of which is located on the Harding ice field - an ice sheet of 181 thousand hectares. Melted ice streams create a natural ecosystem for wildflowers and forests, where visitors can walk in the warm summer months.
2. In Hawaiian Volcanoes National Park There are two active volcanoes: Kilauea and Mauna Loa, which are still spewing molten lava. In the park you can walk along hiking trails and pass through a lava tube.
3. Carlsbad Caves National Park in the Chihuahuan Desert (New Mexico) is interesting because on its territory there are more than 119 caves, and two objects of the park are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Large and small caves with stalactites and stalagmites were formed as a result of sulfuric acid entering limestone.
4. Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah - this is not one giant canyon, but many different indentations and cupped formations along a large plateau. The largest is the Bryce Amphitheater, which is dotted with hoodoos - spiers of an erosive breed, which have mythological significance for local Indian tribes.
5. Remote Dry Tortugas National Park (Florida) is located in the ocean on an area of 26 thousand hectares, which includes seven islands, such as Bush Key. The park can only be reached by boat or seaplane. Visitors are greeted by Fort Jefferson built in the XNUMXth century. In the park you can enjoy natural beauties, including coral reefs and islands abundant in marine and animal worlds.
The system of national parks is called the “best idea of America” due to the conservation of natural beauty and universal free access. The National Park Service manages 62 national parks and 83 national monuments.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3778 [name] => quarantine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => karantin)quarantine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13338 [name] => Culture [taxonomy] => category [slug] => kultura-afisha)culture
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 17770 [name] => US national park [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nacionalnyj-park-ssha)national park usa
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.