10 regarding honest ways to stay in the USA (7, 8 ways - investment, army)
The “Forum” explored how easy it is to arrive in America, to legally stay in it, and which methods are most convenient. Today we look at two more - investment in the US economy and service in the us army - “The main violin” here is played by money and physical fitness.
EB-5 - type of a visaissued to foreign investors, with which you can get a green card, and then citizenship;
To suit: a foreigner who is willing to invest in the US economy from $ 500,000 to 1 million
How long to get: from half a year and more;
Difficulty level: tall;
Cost: $ 12000 - 16000 lawyer services; $ 60000 all other fees;
It is important to know:
According to Igor Mazur, a lawyer company By Law Office of Francois-Ihor Mazur, Esq process is divided into several parts:
- Submission of a special petition, I-526 (today, the review time is from two to twelve months);
- After its approval, the immigration process begins through the American consulate (two to three months), or, if the investor is in the US on a different visa, the process of status change begins (about four months);
- If everything is approved, then the investor and his family members receive a residence permit for two years;
- After one to nine months, the investor and his family members apply for a permanent green card if the investment has not been withdrawn by the investor;
- privileges apply to family members of the investor (up to ten people), including children up to 21, who are not married;
- there are no requirements regarding education, experience, language;
- a green card is issued two years after receiving an EB-5 visa, citizenship - after five years;
- you can live and do business anywhere in the United States;
- the investor and family members can receive education at prices for US citizens.
The amount of investment must be at least one million dollars.
If we are talking about one of the target regions, you can invest less - five hundred thousand.
Target regions are usually rural areas with a small population and unemployment and a half or more times higher than the national average.
The money in the target regions is invested through the so-called regional centers - specialized institutions for managing investment projects under the EB-5 program.
Conditions in regional centers:
- you need to hire at least ten people for a full time (family members do not count);
- salary - not less than the industry average;
- it is necessary to provide complete information where the money comes from (and it must be completely legal - for example, earned or accepted as a gift);
- projects with a capital return guarantee are not accepted.
Must qualify as an “accredited investor", i.e:
- own capital in the amount of more than one million US dollars (you can share with your spouse);
- have an income of more than two hundred thousand dollars a year (or three hundred thousand, if shared with a spouse) in the past two years.
39-year-old Nelly from Batumi was looking for an opportunity to move to the United States (where she studied for more than five years) in various ways, but chose this type of visa, since the accumulated money was enough to invest in the business of friends who dream of opening a chain of eateries in Boston. “The most difficult thing for me was to collect documents confirming the legality of our money. There are fifty pages of inquiries alone, ”says Nelly, who is still in the process of applying for her investment visa.
According to Renata Castro, company lawyer Jafrejo Holdingsspecializing in EB-5 visas (invested in VooDoo BBQ & Grill, Twin Peaks restaurants, Candlewood Suites Hotel), “Immigration attorneys are not allowed to provide investment advice. Nevertheless, lawyers have the right to say about the suitability of certain investments, although this function must be performed by a licensed investment consultant. ” Most investors currently choose a passive investment model in regional centers, where their money serves as a loan for an American company, which in turn meets USCIS requirements and allows investors to obtain green cards. “Because regional projects do not require the investor to have a managerial function or any other experience in the industry,” explains the lawyer.
Igor Mazur also insists that the applicant must check both the reputation of the regional centers and the reputation and experience of the lawyer (this can be done). on the website where hangs cheat warning and regional centers, who no longer work).
To suit: holders of green cards aged seventeen to forty-two years old, who have no criminal record, but have a secondary education and good physical preparation;
How long to get: up to a year;
Difficulty level: complicated;
Cost: is free;
It is important to know:
- no gender restrictions;
- you cannot immigrate through military service, but you can quickly obtain citizenship for those who have a green card;
- you can serve in reserve (including being a university student);
Find the nearest recruiter on the official website american army.
It will be necessary to pass the test (Army Physical Fitness Test or APFT): wring out, shake the press and run a cross 3,2 kilometer.
Next will have Demonstrate proficiency in English and mathematics - the exam is called Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT). According to many recruits, the test is simple.
The next stage is a comprehensive test. ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). It is aimed at identifying the level of knowledge and erudition and is used to send a recruit to the most suitable branch of the military.
The test consists of two hundred questions in mathematics, language, mechanics, electronics and other disciplines. The passing score of the ASVAB test is not so high, but to get into the "steep" troops (for example, in the coast guard or air force) you need to score more points.
After successfully passing the tests, you can choose a military specialty and sign a contract for a period of two to six years.
A draftee from Kazakhstan, Oleg (asked not to indicate his last name, since he signed a document on non-disclosure of information) has served for the fourth year in the US Air Force.
He won the green card in the lottery in 2004, and came to America with the clear intention of becoming a citizen. As Oleg remembers, after passing all the exams, I had to wait for an invitation to the course of a young fighter, which lasts three months. Then he was sent to the "training" specialty, and only then to the base. For four years, Oleg visited several countries, and says about the conditions of stay: “Salaries are not at all American, at the same time there are many privilegesthat compensate for this - insurance for the whole family, food for a draftee. ”
According to information on site american army, the lowest ranks earn from one to thirteen thousand dollars a month. In addition, there are risk premiums and work away from the family. In some positions put money on renting an apartment and car.
According to Oleg, he applied for citizenship on the first day of service. For the military, the procedure for obtaining accelerated, in his case it took eight months. Documents for citizenship processes the personnel department at the base where the service takes place.
Read the following materials in other ways:
9. Become a witness in a high-profile case.
10. Stay illegal and wait for the amnesty.
Come in our groupwhere you can ask for advice and share experiences.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 738 [name] => Army service [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => sluzhba-v-armii)Military service
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3187 [name] => immigration [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => immigratsiya)immigration
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10123 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)immigration to the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12141 [name] => green card [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => grin-kart)green cards
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13371 [name] => US citizenship [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => grazhdanstvo-ssha)US citizenship
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 20214 [name] => Editors choice [taxonomy] => category [slug] => vibor-redakcii)Editor's Choice
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.